Early Childhood and Elementary Education
We oversee Santa Paula Unified School District programs that involve preschool (3 year old children) through 5th grade. We coordinate our efforts with the secondary schools to provide cohesiveness across the grade levels and unified learning experiences. By working closely with the elementary site leaders and staff, we support them to improve student learning, social/emotional wellbeing, and help students to find their passion in life.
Our areas of responsibility include:
- Preschool implementation and coordination
- State testing (CAASPP, Physical Fitness, Science Test, California Alternative Assessment)
- Coordinate district wide professional development
- Textbook adoption
- Williams Act compliance
- District wide supplemental resources
- Pre-K to 3 Coherence Collaboration (P3CC), Math focus
- Preschool-5th grade district assessments, reading, language arts, and math
- Mentoring, coaching, and support of the elementary site leaders
- Dual Language Immersion curriculum
- Academic intervention services
- Elementary AVID tutors
- Performance Matters database collaboration
- Transition of 6th grade students to remain at the elementary schools beginning 2023-24 school year
- How old does a child need to be to attend preschool?
- Does a child need to be potty trained to attend preschool in Santa Paula USD?
- Where will the Santa Paula USD preschool classes be located?
- What classes will be offered in the Santa Paula USD preschool program at each site?
- When can children be dropped off or picked up from preschool classes?
- What documentation is required for registration?
- What are the income levels for a family to be considered "Income Eligible?"